Welcome to the New Innovation Forum

Welcome to the new version of our District 287 Innovation Forum, a place to discuss ideas on education and innovation. We’ve moved to this new platform so we have better features and a cleaner design.

The previous Innovation Forum still exists for reading purposes, but posting has been disabled. You can visit the old innovation forum here. Feel free to restart worthy conversations from that forum here on the new forum.

For mobile users, the new forum is mobile-responsive. For even better mobile access, you can download the Discourse app for iOS or Android then “connect” to innovation.district287.org.

2 Likes

Is there a way to post a notice for any old participants (ex. the GeniusSIS user group) to learn more about what happened? Or is this post it?

Shall I re-write it to be more explanatory?

I’m just thinking that people won’t dig in to actually see what happened. Is there a way we can create a notice on the site for a couple weeks?

2 Likes

There might be a way. There is the site notification post that all new visitors see. I could edit that.

I’m wondering if there is a way to add an informational banner above the post content too. I can look into it.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Okay, I figured out how to create a banner topic that will sit at the top of every category until dismissed by the user. I’ve added some things to this topic and set it as the site banner.

Thank you for finding this new platform Mike, and also to anyone that assisted you. The discourse platform is a lot more user-friendly than our last platform :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mike! I know that it will be used by ELL and GeniusSIS groups. I think it might be worthwhile trying to get an NSO group going here as well.

1 Like

Thanks Chad! I’m looking forward to seeing how this develops. It’s more community-managed than our previous board, and there are lots of features that make things easier and more powerful.

As with most things, it’s the result of the efforts of a lot of people.

The Innovation Coaches provided a lot of input and ideas and testing along the way.

Jonas did the heavy lifting behind the scenes to get this working.

Ben Drewelow deserves credit, too as he was the one who pointed out how antiquated our previous board looked. Without his thinking, we would never have started down this path.

Jon Fila is digging in now to set up groups and bring more people in.

So far so good!

@jsjoberg @BenDrewelow

4 Likes

Sure, we can ask David what he thinks about the NSO idea.

@djvandenboom

A big thank you to @BenDrewelow and @jsjoberg We appreciate your work on making our innovation forum more user friendly!

1 Like