Support for rotated text in Google Sheets!

May seem like a minor detail but it’s huge for those who often use Google Sheets. Very excited to see this update. No more making an image, rotating, and then pasting into a cell!

Support for rotated text, accounting number formats, and more in Google Sheets

4 Likes

I’m more excited than might be appropriate for this situation.

2 Likes

THANK YOU! I’m glad I’m not alone.

On a 1 to 10 on the excitement scale, I’m probably at about a 3 for this, mainly because I’m happy to see others so excited.

I was just talking about a similar issue with the Moodle gradebook. If it were a Moodle announcement about this, I’d be at a 9 out of 10. :slight_smile:

If I had the HTML, CSS or PHP that told the text to do that, it’s possible I could tweak the Moodle code to make that happen.

Humm. That would immediately solve the issue of the super-wide gradebooks and much horizontal scrolling.

At the risk of derailing this thread…

I think I’ve found the CSS in Moodle core that governs the gradebook layout. We just tweaked the Moodle Development site and I’m currently locked out of FTP access. I would say I could make some progress on this before Spring Break.

Making progress here. I’ve determined what type of CSS code I need to use, I just need to figure out where to tweak the code in Moodle. Waiting for access to the development site to experiment further.