Site Feedback and Change Log

Discussion about this site, its organization, how it works, and how we can improve it.

I’m going to use this topic to post updates and changes to the forum software.

Two changes:

1 - Fixed the “Everything Else” category to properly show its category tag.

2 - Changed linking so that external links in posts now open in a new tab.
(Darn it, not working. Not sure why yet.)

Changes

1. Added an informational welcome “banner topic” to the forum that all users will see until they dismiss it. It includes information about the old site and mobile access as well.

Outstanding issues

1 - External links don’t open in new tabs. I believe I have things set correctly, but it’s not working yet.

2 - The square logo has a messed up black background when view in a Tweet. I tried changing the png graphic to a jpg graphic, but the problem persists.

Changes

1. Fixed issue with the square logo rendering incorrectly in embedded tweets.

Outstanding Issues

1. External links don’t open in new tabs.

Changes

Disabled bootstrap mode. All new accounts will start at Trust Level 0. (Bootstrap mode was set to auto-disable when we hit 50 members anyway.)

Outstanding Issues

External links don’t open in new tabs.

Changes

• The issue with external links not opening in new tabs was actually fixed, but the new default setting only applies to new users from that point on. If existing users want to change this setting, they can do so in their account profile preferences. Just check the box that says “Open all external links in a new tab.”

Outstanding Issues

None at the moment

Changes

Created NSO group. Created NSO category (NSO Stuff).

Set NSO Stuff, ELL, Genius to be visible only to group members. Set these groups as visible and allowing anyone to join. This will allow anyone to join the forum, go to groups, and join/leave any of their current groups.

Outstanding Issues

None at the moment

First spam account showed up last night, with a harmless promotional link. I deleted the post and the account, and banned the IP address and email.

Changes

Increased time limitation that a user can change their username from 3 days to 60 days. So now users can change their username within 60 days of creating an account.

Outstanding Issues

None at the moment

Changes

• Set Innovation Coach group member default Level to Level 1, set all coaches to Level 2, and unlocked Innovation Coaches levels so that they can rise and fall depending on activity.

(Now that the forum is up and running well, it makes more sense to tie user power and capabilities with community participation rather than a group status.)

• Added “Education - Other” category for non-innovation related education topics.

Outstanding Issues

None at the moment