PD Opportunity-Webinar: Supporting English Learners (ELs) Through Technology

I just received notice of this upcoming webinar some folks here may be interested in. I know many of us are always looking for ways to better our student engagement especially for populations such as English Learners.

Info blurb below:

Webinar: Supporting English Learners (ELs) Through Technology

Attention all EL educators and technology developers! Connect with presenters from the Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) and Dr. Phil Vahey, director of strategic research and innovation for SRI Education on September 26, 2019, at 1 p.m. Central Time (CT) for an in-depth look at digital learning resources that can strengthen instruction of ELs.

The one hour webinar provides an overview of the types of digital learning resources available to support ELs and key findings on supporting ELs through technology from the 2019 National Study of English Learners and Digital Learning Resources. You will receive recommendations and resources from two toolkits: the Educator Toolkit and the Developers Toolkit. In addition, time for questions and sharing of ideas with fellow educators is included.

Don’t miss this exciting opportunity and please share with your friends and colleagues! Join us on Thursday, September 26, at 1 p.m. CT.

Register for Supporting English Learners (ELs) Through Technology.

1 Like

This sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! I’m curious about the digital tools part, in particular if it might help some of our NSO offerings too.

I’m going to block time off for this, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to attend. If people do get to participate, I’d love to hear impressions!

EDIT: I registered!