Moodle Customized/Configurable Reports

Now that David has set up an arrangement for someone to code customizable reports for us to use within Moodle, the sky’s the limit on how we can view data in Moodle.

The “Ungraded Assignments” is one report that I find helpful in grading.

The next question, though, is what other reports would be helpful? Feel free to post your ideas and thoughts and questions here.

At the meeting yesterday, I discovered I was not the only one not receiving submission notifications after the recent upgrade. The good news is that it is no longer a problem. On the main page of any course you teach, you should have a Configurable Reports block. Within this block, there exists “Ungraded Assignments” - and that will show all assignments which are not yet graded. This has a bonus of not flooding our inboxes!

1 Like

Yes, “Ungraded Assignments” is such a time saver.

One thing to be aware of, though. It doesn’t track forum posts, so if you have a forum assignment, it won’t show up in that Ungraded Assignments report.

This is something I did not know - so thanks for sharing that information. Do we know yet why we aren’t receiving the email notifications we used to? It notifies of both assignments and forums.

Jonas, our super high-tech expert, is working on the email/notification issue. I think it’s thornier than he expected, and he’s got a bunch of critical tech things on his plate right at the moment. I expect it’ll get solved at some point in the near future, but I don’t know a specific timeline for it.

Jonas has apparently figured it out, judging by the notifications I am now receiving. Kudos to Jonas!

Ah, good to know. I’m hoping to connect with him today or early next week, so I’ll bring this up and let him know that the issue has been solved for you.