Google Sheets Help?

Does anybody have a useful website for Google Sheet training that would be useful for school staff?

Check out: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/googlespreadsheets/

2 Likes

If you have specific skills you want them to learn you could make a YouTube playlist.

1 Like

I would be interested in helping makes some videos too if staff would be likely to use them as training. I do all the google sheets work at our site and wouldn’t mind dispersing the workload through training :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Scott, perfect

1 Like

This is exactly my hope

1 Like

We have Synergyse installed in our Google domain. If you’d like I can show you how it works.

1 Like

Thanks Chad, I have used Synergyse.

1 Like

I am wondering if it would be possible to earn professional development hours through doing the synergyse training? Obviously to me learning about technology is all upside and no down (but that’s probably why I get to be an Innovation Coach). I am wondering how we can get more people through the training other than simply pointing out that it exists? Just a thought.

That’s an interesting thought. I’d guess there would have to be a user tracking method, which Synergyse might already have, and a way to print out a certificate for various modules or training units. That’s traditionally what it would involve. I wonder if Synergyse has considered that? I did see that Google bought Synergyse, which may make it easier or harder to get in touch.

A second thought would be if there were a way for us to track what videos people have watched, and for us to generate a certificate, but that might be a trickier route?

A third thought would be to see if we could build a test that people could take for certification after they go through the materials. That might be tricky too, as it could almost be a certification for what people already know.

It might be worth getting in touch with the relicensure committee to ask them what they think, at least in terms of what they would need to have in order to issue CEUs for the training? @lranderson15 might be someone you know who you could ask about this directly. :slight_smile:

It might be possible to just create a google classroom and have assignment in which users would watch the synergise videos and submit a google sheet with evidence that they completed the trainings OR have one or two common tasks teachers might be using google sheets for which are taught in a specific section of the synergise trainings. There are ~5 sections on sheets, maybe have one little assignment for each? Or through moodle?