Supporting Student Leadership through Service

I’m hoping to connect with educators who work with students in 7th-12th grades interested in working together to develop students’ leadership skills through creating and activating service projects in their school community. This initiative is called Students In Action and we offer free resources for students and educators, including:

1. Student Leadership Conferences in the Fall and Winter. The 2018 Fall Conference is Sat. 10/27 at UMN.
  2. Online tools and courses in leadership and service project planning, built on the IPARDE service learning framework.
  3. Personal support by local (Twin Cities) staff to meet with and assist students and educators.
  4. Recognition Platform for students to honor outstanding service within their own school/community.

Please contact me to learn more about Students In Action. I’d love to speak with you, or anyone you know who might be interested! I can be reached at t.basquill@jeffersonawards.org or 763-742-8142.

Thanks!
Tom Basquill, MN Regional Director

Thanks for posting this here, Tom. I will share this with some educators who may be interested!

Thanks for passing this info along, Ben! In case anyone is interested, here is a short (under 3:00) video about “What is Students In Action.

Following up with you by email - I run our schools student council and am wondering how best I could leverage SIA.

Thanks